Each year, global businesses lose an estimated $100 billion to cybercrime. Some estimate that, coupled with the cost of bad data and bad decisions, this amount could be increased tenfold. With these dramatic financial losses comes an industry need for skilled safety assurance professionals. The complexity of today’s society has created new vulnerabilities and threats to information systems.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers a Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance that prepares its graduates to develop, coordinate, and protect information and knowledge resources.
This program is taught from three key perspectives — enterprise (system-of-systems view of organizations), knowledge management, and quality management — to provide a well-rounded foundation in business and security assurance.
With Embry-Riddle’s online educational opportunities and a network of education facilities designed to support student advancement in the U.S. and abroad, students have the flexibility to learn at a campus near them or even in their own home.
About Information Security & Assurance at the Worldwide & Online Campus
With an interdisciplinary approach, the program prepares students to excel as strong decision makers driving enterprise-wide policies in any field depending on effective information for business success.
Students can customize their career paths by choosing from three specializations that are particularly relevant in today’s business climate:
- Protecting Business Intelligence
- Information Systems Security
- Information Assurance in a Global Context
To meet the demands of busy professionals, the program is offered entirely online. Students will have the flexibility to study from anywhere at any time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assured Business Systems: Managing and Protecting the Information Systems Enterprise
- Risk Management and Business Continuity
- Informatics: Security Implications of Cross-Disciplinary Computing
- Enterprise Systems Architectures for Information Assurance
- Incident Management and Information Forensics
- Cyber Law, Cyber Compliance, and Information Assurance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International applicants must submit the application for admission 90 days prior to the term start date.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security Cyber Security View 134 other Masters in IT Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and universities attended (bachelor’s degree is required) Official transcripts of any graduate courses attempted.
- The statement of objectives is an important part of your application. You should give your reasons for wishing to do graduate work in the field you have chosen, incorporating your interests, your background, and your long-term professional goals.
- Letters of Recommendation - Three Endorser’s Recommendations — two academic and one professional.
- Resume - A current résumé outlining your past educational and work experiences.
- GMAT/GRE Scores
- Foreign Credential Evaluation
- Language Requirement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
Worldwide and Online Campus Tuition:
- Military Cost Per Credit: $648.00
- Civilian Cost Per Credit: $773.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.