Georgia State's program helps students become familiar with, and capable of contributing to, ongoing debates about the nature of good political and economic institutions, as well as the policies and practices best suited for creating and sustaining them. Students develop the intellectual skills of the social scientist who seeks to understand how social, political and economic institutions operate and are interrelated, and the moral philosopher who seeks to critically evaluate these institutions and the social world more generally, in relation to how they ought to operate.
The Philosophy, Politics, and Economics M.I.S. program offered at Georgia State University prepares graduates for careers in government, public service, entrepreneurship and corporate roles such as advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations and sales management.
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Comparative Political Economy
- Health Economics and Policy
- Human Resources and Labor Markets
- Urban Economics
- Moral Psychology
- Feminist Philosophy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 597 other Masters in Economics in United States
- A letter of intent.
- A writing sample (15 double-spaced pages maximum).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts (one from each institution attended) indicating completion of a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent and demonstrating a prior grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- International students will also be required to provide an official TOEFL score and may be asked to demonstrate their English fluency in a phone interview.
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.