Students who have completed a bachelor's degree often encounter a “gap year” prior to applying to med school. They often need additional coursework and advising to enhance their application and make them more competitive in the selection process. Once they enter medical school, students often struggle with their first year of studies and wish they had taken key pre-med courses. The Medical Sciences in Biology MSc program offered at Georgia State University consists of 40 credit hours of relevant courses that teach concepts and skills central to the practice of medicine.
The MBMS program focuses on:
- Mastery of specific pre-med coursework that simulates first year medical school courses,
- Advisement with the medical school application process, and
- A capstone course that focuses on internships and clinical research.
- Cell Molecular Biology
- Applied Medical Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Surgical Anatomy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 770 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A strict minimum GPA of 3.30 (both cumulative and science).
- A minimum GRE score in the 40th percentile in all three categories, or a minimum MCAT score of 480.
- Upload ALL Official Transcripts of past academic performances.
- Statement of Purpose
- For non-native speakers of English, official scores on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- One year of General Biology with labs, one year of Physics, one year of English, and two years of Chemistry with labs (inclusive of Organic Chemistry) with a grade of C or better. Most applicants have grades of B or better.
- Three letters of recommendation–two of which need to be from professors.
- Select the concentration in Medical Science as your first choice
- Complete Biol 7240, 7250 and 7800 with a grade no lower than a B.
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.