Growing the aviation/aerospace industry while caring for our environment is a major technical and business challenge. Government and industry organizations around the world are allocating vast resources to maximize efficiency and satisfy global demand while also meeting our responsibilities to future generations. To propel this movement, forward-thinking experts are urgently needed.
Across the globe, industry leaders are committed to finding innovative solutions that integrate both economic and environmental sustainability. At the Paris Air Show in June 2019, Chief Technology Officers from seven aerospace manufacturers pledged to enhance aviation sustainability and shield the planet.
Airlines for America (A4A), the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO), and the Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) have all committed to finding a path to carbon neutral growth. FAA programs such as the Noise Compatibility Program and Voluntary Airport Low Emissions (VALE) Program assist airports in realizing stable levels of economic growth and developing social programs consistent with the needs and values of their local communities, thus reducing environmental impacts.
In this Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability online graduate program from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University , you will explore how technical advances and improved management practices can help companies meet both operational and environmental goals. You will learn the skills and methods necessary to implement sustainable practices in the aviation/aerospace industries and beyond.
About Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability at the Worldwide & Online Campus
The curriculum of the master's in Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability draws on recent advances in cutting edge science, practices and innovations and applies an interdisciplinary case approach and systems perspective.
In this online degree program, you learn to contextualize knowledge resources concerning aviation and aerospace sustainability strategy, policy and the legal framework.
You will use analytic tools to enable objective and comprehensive impact analysis supporting sustainability initiatives and projects. Lastly, you will evaluate and suggest improvements to sustainability, attitudes, and practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Aviation and Aerospace Perspectives
- Aviation and Aerospace Sustainable Organizations
- Aviation and Aerospace Organization Development, Leadership & Workforce Development
- Best Practices for Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability
- Sustainability Policy, Ethics & Legal Topics in Aviation and Aerospace
- Operational Excellence for Aerospace/Aviation Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International applicants must submit the application for admission 90 days prior to the term start date.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 45 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants to the MSAAS program must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, international equivalent, or closely related bachelor of science program, preferably a STEM degree.
- Have superior academic records with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5;
- NOTE: International applicants whose primary language is not English must meet all university requirements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 773 USD per credit during 12 months.
Worldwide and Online Campus Tuition
- Military Cost Per Credit: $648.00
- Civilian Cost Per Credit: $773.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.