Students in the English, Literary Studies MA program from Georgia State University:
- Undertake coursework that exposes them to the breadth of literature in English from the Middle Ages to the present and to the methods and theories that have shaped literary criticism and scholarship
- Regularly deliver papers at international, national and regional conferences
- Gain valuable professional and organizational experience through participation in the South Atlantic Modern Language Association, an organization of teachers and scholars in modern languages and literatures that is headquartered in the department
- Work as editorial and research assistants with the department’s academic journals, Studies in the Literary Imagination and Eudora Welty Review
- Gain pedagogical and leadership experience through tutoring positions in the department's Writing Studio
- Pursue interesting internship opportunities with local businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Receive preparation for further graduate study in prestigious national and international doctoral programs
- Our alumni pursue careers in publishing, editing, technical writing and in a variety of communications positions in private industry.
- Our graduates have also secured employment in middle and secondary education in Georgia and throughout the Southeast.
- Many of our graduate students pursue further graduate education in prestigious doctoral programs.
- History of the English Language
- Middle English
- America’s Folk Crafts
- British Folk Culture
- Contemporary Literary Theory
- Feminist Literary Theory
- Topics in Contemporary Literary Theory and Criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 910 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A B.A. in English or a closely related discipline from an accredited college or university with at least a B average (3.0) in the undergraduate major;
- A critical writing sample of about eight to 12 pages;
- A statement of academic and professional goals.
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.