The degree prepares you to:
- Lead and manage in criminal justice systems at the local, state and federal levels.
- Think critically to solve problems and make decisions that affect short- and long-term outcomes for the institutions you lead.
- Articulate and apply a set of ethical principles in the criminal justice system that comports with democratic values and respect for human rights.
- Understand and analyze research on crime and criminal justice policy.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Career opportunities for graduates of the Criminal Justice Administration M.I.S. program offered at Georgia State University are numerous, diverse and rewarding. Graduates find employment at the following:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation,
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms,
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation,
- Environmental Protection Agency,
- Secret Service,
- Local and state law enforcement and correctional agencies,
- Probation and parole agencies, and
- Juvenile justice agencies
- Public Management Systems and Strategies
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Crime and the Criminal Justice System
- Contemporary Criminal Justice Policy
- Cybercrime & Cybersecurity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 74 other Masters in Criminology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submitted Online Application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Application fee: A nonrefundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Personal Statement: A brief personal essay explaining the applicant’s interest in the program.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) Academic scores (International applicants only): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS academic scores.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters should be submitted through the online application.
- Upload Transcripts from each post-secondary college/university attended
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.