Combining theory and practice, the MA in Humanitarian Action at the University of Malta looks at situations like increased refugee flows, heightened insecurity, trans-border problems, foreign interventions, global warming, and a growing human population. Humanitarian assistance is an ever in-demand response to an increasingly precarious global climate.
If you’re interested in the sources of crises and their solutions, this MA provides you with the opportunity to gain a hands-on experience of what working in the humanitarian and development field entails.
- Understand the variety of humanitarian and long-term responses to crises across the globe
- Understand how such responses are shaped and what consequences they have
- Develop a proficiency in the institutional and legal framework for humanitarian action
- Learn the key medical and public health aspects of humanitarian action
- Navigate amongst the numerous key players in the field
- Write cogently and at length about a chosen topic in the field of humanitarian action
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Dimensions of Humanitarian Action
- Governance and Policy Making: The International Context
- Management in Humanitarian Action
- Anthropology and Intercultural Aspects of Humanitarian Action
- World Politics in Humanitarian Action
- Public Health in the Humanitarian Action Context
- Applied Ethics in Humanitarian Action
- Methodology and Research Methods in Humanitarian Studies
- Forced Migration and the Humanitarian Border: Anthropological Perspectives
- International Law and Forced Migration
- Migration and Migration Control
- Migration and Conflict
- Narratives of Displacement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Emergency & Disaster Management Political Science View 9 other Masters in Political Science in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for, provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a comparable degree
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 1,600
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.