Executive Master of Business Administration in Public Management at the University of Malta combines those elements of the MBA which are considered of most direct relevance to public managers with study-units pertaining directly to public policy-making and public management.
It includes study-units on topics such as managing information systems, managerial accounting, human resource management and cost benefit analysis which are of direct relevance to public managers since public management practice in these areas draws, or would benefit from drawing, on private-sector best practices.
The MBA (Public Management) aims to prepare managers in the Public Service. It will complement the MA in Public Policy Leadership, which is also provided by the Department of Public Policy, and which represents good preparation for senior staff in the Public Service whose work is oriented towards policy development as opposed to general management.
MBA (Public Management) students are expected to be mostly mid-career Public Service employees who have attained or who are aspiring to a senior management position, and who wish to equip themselves to better meet the demands of such positions or to gain a competitive edge in the selection process for such positions.
In the case of some employees, such a career move may also represent a switch from a specialised professional field (nursing, architecture, engineering etc.) to a managerial role in which the emphasis shifts from the application of specialised knowledge to the management of people and processes and the assumption of responsibility for organisational performance and the delivery of services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- People, Organizations and Development
- Comparative and Theoretical Aspects of Public Policy
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategy, Policy Implementation and Review
- Business Continuity Planning
- Leadership in Public Organizations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Public Policy View 11 other Masters in Public Policy in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants seeking admission to the Course shall have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience excluding work carried out during full-time study and shall be:
- in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University or any other institution recognised by Senate with at least Third Class Honours or Category III, provided that applicants in possession of a degree with Third Class (Honours) or Category III shall satisfy the Board that they are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following their first cycle degree or
- aged twenty-six years or over and be in possession of a higher diploma or a diploma from this University comprising not less than 90 ECTS credits in a related area with at least a Merit classification, or equivalent qualifications. Such applicants may be required to demonstrate through an interview that they are able to follow the Course with profit.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 1,500
- Yr 1: Eur 5,400 / Yr 2: Eur 5,400
Living costs for Msida
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.