The Vocational Education (Textiles and Fashion) course at the University of Malta equips you with the knowledge and training in vocational teaching to meet the demands of the teaching profession within a changing local education system. In the first year, you will opt for one of four areas of specialisation: Textiles and Fashion, Health and Social Care, Hospitality, or Engineering Technology.
During the first and second year, there are core and compulsory study-units in pedagogy and assessment related to vocational education and teaching, and two industry field placements related to vocational education.
As from the second year, teachers will choose either a study-unit related to the research component in preparation for a dissertation that will be carried out in your final year.
The MA in Vocation Education at the University of Malta will strengthen the graduates’ knowledge and skills as educators and researchers. It can help increase opportunities for advancement in the education sector, as practitioners and as trainers-of-trainers. It can also open careers or employment opportunities in community development and social entrepreneurship.
The MA in Vocational Education also lays a good foundation for further studies at doctoral level or otherwise in the areas of education, sociology, work-based learning and human resource development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- VET Pedagogies and Assessment for Teachers
- Industry-field Placement for Teachers of Vocational Education
- Pedagogies used in Textiles and Fashion
- Creative Techniques in Fashion and Textiles
- Fashion and the Consumer
- Basic Applied Practical Skills for Textiles and Fashion - Practical and Fashion Design Techniques
- Advanced Applied Practical Skills for Textiles and Fashion - Pattern Drafting - Traditional and Digital
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Education with at least Second Class Honours from this University, or
- a first cycle degree together with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education from this University, or
- a degree from another higher education institution recognised as equivalent to the qualifications mentioned above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.