About this Program
As part of our innovative M.A. program in clinical mental health counseling, you'll study theories and skills related to mental health, substance use, and trauma interventions and learn how to apply them to connect with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds. Learn more with this master in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at University of New Haven.
Our 60-credit program is designed to meet the program requirements to be a Connecticut Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). You will gain extensive fieldwork experience through counseling practicum opportunities and internships that match your interests and professional goals while developing the skills and knowledge to enhance and enrich individuals, families, groups and communities.
As part of our program, you can also supplement your education with the unique opportunity to pursue a concentration in forensic mental health or community development.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A. - General Concentration
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A. - Community Development Concentration
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A. - Forensic Mental Health Concentration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of New Haven and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.