This Advanced Clinical Physiotherapy (Musculoskeletal) degree from University of South Australia is a critical specialisation within physiotherapy, as the skeleton provides a framework for the muscles and other soft tissues. Together, they support the body’s weight, maintain posture, and help a person to move freely.
You'll develop advanced competencies in musculoskeletal physiotherapy through student-centred, critical, reflective engagement with contemporary theory and supervision by clinical experts in practical and clinical sessions. Graduates from our program work in clinical practice, advanced practice roles in settings such as screening clinics and emergency departments, and academia.
What you'll need
Students who undertake activities where interaction with patients or the public is required for their degree, such as field or clinical placements/visits and in University clinics and gyms, must demonstrate they meet mandatory pre-placement conditional requirements. These include criminal history clearance, a Working with Children Check and immunisation requirements. Please visit the Clinical Placement Unit for information on key requirements, and to access the full student checklists.
All students enrolled in a program leading to professional registration must be registered with the relevant National Board. The registration process is undertaken by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with the University providing notification to AHPRA following enrolment in the program.
Contemporary healthcare and clinical practice require therapists’ reasoning and practice to be critical, reflective, patient-centred and evidence based.
As a musculoskeletal master’s graduate, you can advance your physiotherapy career across a variety of settings, including:
- private practice
- sport and exercise services
- rehabilitation centres
- home and community services
- disability services
- aged care facilities.
- Allied Health Research Evidence Translation
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Theory and Practice
- Integrated Pain Sciences
- Advanced Scope Physiotherapy
- Exercise and Conditioning
- Advanced Physiotherapy Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no closing date for submitting your application.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 34 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are required to have:
- completed a Bachelor degree level, or equivalent professional entry level qualification, from a recognised higher education institution, in Physiotherapy; AND
- a minimum 10 months full-time, or equivalent, physiotherapy practice in a relevant field following completion of the professional entry level qualification; AND
- met the requirements for eligibility for registration as a physiotherapist or limited registration under supervision with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. Students must apply for limited registration after acceptance into the program.
- CRICOS CODE 088576K
International41400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41400 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.