Under the guidance of experts within the Faculty of Arts, you will trained on your abilities in one or more modern languages of the area and to write a thesis and report on a topic of your choosing involving the Middle East, from the politics that shape this turbulent territory, to the people that make it what it is.
You are encouraged to combine any disciplines that might inform your work and to explore any select timeline in one of the most abundant regions in the world within this Oriental Studies (Near Eastern Studies) course at the University of Malta .
- Outline the key traits that have shaped the Middle East over centuries and explain their significance to contemporary developments
- Learn how to make use of archival resources and to write academically about the field
- Learn about the many dimensions and cultural deviations of the Near East and understand their importance when devising national and regional strategies
- Discern the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to gain a holistic perspective of socio-politico-cultural issues in contemporary society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Research
- Directed Study in Near Eastern Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 7 other Masters in Languages in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Malta and/or in Malta, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.