Through pursuing this avenue of continuing their professional development they will be in a position to contribute to a highly professional multidisciplinary approach to management by identifying, analysing, and planning the management of patients suffering from this multisystem disorder which can lead to significant morbidity and mortality. Furthermore they will be able to proactively influence policy and decision making by being in a position to advise healthcare service providers effectively and appropriately.
Successful completion of the MSc in Diabetes Care at the University of Malta can facilitate access to different career options in clinical practice, public health, policy development and implementation and academia.
MSc graduates may also register for professional doctorates or for research based doctorates (PhD). Furthermore it will empower healthcare professionals from different backgrounds to participate more effectively in Health care Provision in the field of Diabetes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing the Evidence Base for Diabetes Care
- Management of Type 1 Diabetes
- Management of Type2 Diabetes
- Understanding Health Behaviour and Promoting Diabetes Self-Management
- Diabetes Complications: Prevention, Screening and Management
- Management of Diabetes in Specific Situations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 12 other Masters in Human Medicine in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- the degree of Doctor of Medicine and Surgery or
- the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery or
- the degree of Master of Dental Surgery awarded from July 2018 onwards or
- the degree of Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) with at least Second Class or
- the degree of Master of Pharmacy or
- the degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours) obtained with at least Second Class in an area of study deemed suitable by the Board of Studies
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4466 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 1,250
- Yr 1: Eur 6,700 / Yr 2: Eur 6,700 / Yr 3: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.