Questions you may posit in this Geography course at the University of Malta may deal with environmental issues, gender and race, urban development, economies, social and spatial theory, and even the Earth’s physical makeup.
You will be tasked with researching and writing on the topic of your choosing and you will be trained, by extension, to develop proficiency within a broad scope of topical issues within the field, whether that be environmental policy and planning, or social justice and sustainability.
- Write and publish academic works of high-standard involving the field of geography
- Learn how to make use of archival resources and to write academically about the field
- Collect data for research analysis and apply sources and references to strengthen your writing
- Cultivate a critical understanding of a research process, including fieldwork.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Directed Studies in Geography
- Methods of Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for, provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a degree considered comparable to any of the degrees indicated. This comparability may, in exceptional cases, extend to applicants proposing a research topic which in itself bridges the area of study of the first degree and the one being applied for.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.