The programme of studies at the University of Malta is intended to give a fresh and dynamic contribution to Christian Faith Formation by fostering research and good practices. Moreover, this course will give due importance to reflective practice in Christian Faith education.
The programme of studies is a part-time taught MA spread over 6 semesters, with lectures held in the evening. The first four semesters consist of lectures for compulsory study-units which are assessed at the end of the semester. The final two semesters are dedicated exclusively to research and the writing of a dissertation.
This course is an asset to all those who teach in Church Schools and in other faith formation institutes and settings because it provides a Catholic reflection on their educational and formation endeavour.
- The Law of Education
- Foundational Topics in Christian Spirituality and Ethos
- Christian Education and Theology
- Catholic Schools and Multiculturalism
- Professional Ethics and Social Justice
- The Educator: Identity and Spirituality
- Catholic Understanding of Humanity for Contemporary Culture
- Christ the Teacher
- Nurturing Student Spirituality through the Curriculum
- Character Education
- Catholic Identity and Culture
- Developing Emotional and Relational Competence
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 5 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Malta
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a degree in education with at least Second Class Honours from this University or a degree from another university recognised as equivalent for the purpose together with a minimum of one year’s teaching experience or
- any other degree with at least Second Class Honours, together with a recognised teaching or education qualification and a minimum of one year’s teaching experience or
- a degree in education or a Teacher's Certificate, together with at least two years’ teaching experience and other suitable qualifications obtained following the degree or after the Teacher's Certificate or
- any first cycle degree together with either a recognised teaching qualification or the Postgraduate Certificate in Education, together with five years’ experience in an education setting or
- any first cycle degree, together with at least two years’ teaching experience in any Christian faith formation institute
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA1600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 800
- Yr 1: Eur 5,400 / Yr 2: Eur 5,400 / Yr 3: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.