The MSc in Public Policy and Management at King's College London offers the chance to explore key public service policy functions, such as public service organisation, health policy, economics, social entrepreneurship and leadership. We focus not just on political theory and economic analysis, but also on people management and organisation within public services, giving students a thorough and diverse base of knowledge and skills.
- Comparative approach – we take a comparative approach to policy & management studies, emphasising comparisons between both the UK and international systems of government.
- Comprehensive sector analysis – you will examine contemporary developments & advanced research relating not only to the traditional ‘public sector’ but also the voluntary, not-for-profit, or Third Sector (NGOs, charities, social enterprises).
- Learn from practitioners as well as expert academics - we offer students the opportunity to discuss policy and implementation with experienced practitioners in the public policy field.
- Work while you study - our course is specially structured for part-time students, so you can work and gain valuable experience while you study.
- Exclusive pre-sessional courses – we have dedicated refresher courses in Economics, Maths and Statistics, available for students who have not previously studied these at an advanced level.
Our course is designed to give students a range of options with regards to their career once they graduate. Many students are focused on careers within the public & social sectors, and the combination of both applied and theoretical study throughout the MSc gives you a lot of tools to succeed in the job market.
- Organisation & Management of the Public Services
- Economics of the Public Services
- Research Methods in Public Policy & Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- The Public Policy-Making Process
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Students currently residing in mainland China: January 7
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Policy View 352 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with minimum 2:1 honours is usually required in social science related area e.g., management, economics, sociology or relevant experience in public sector management.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International23460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home fees: £6,690 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,920 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.