As the statistics of tourism in Malta show, the number of visitors to cultural venues is on the rise and this is not a phenomenon peculiar to Malta. This segment of tourism needs professionals who know how to present and offer cultural products in the best way so as to offer a better service to more and more tourists and thus help to strengthen the industry in this segment.
These professionals need to know the subject matter well and master its application so as to present a strong product to the interested tourist and be in a position to attract those who may as yet not be appreciative enough of the cultural products on offer. The areas of culture which the students will gain a deep knowledge and understand of include the built and rural heritage, cities of culture, artistic manifestations, traditions, legislation, Mediterranean culture, religious heritage, and cultural tourism.
- provide a unique opportunity for the participants to explore the richness of the Mediterranean region, its peoples, heritage and culture from a multi-perspective approach;
- create a solid academic set-up for those students wishing to deepen their understanding about the evolution of the Mediterranean mind-set, life, and structures;
- encourage students to build on their established interest in the Mediterranean by developing their sensitivity to different aspects of the cultural and heritage diversity of the region and beyond, and of their relevance of cultural and heritage issues to identity formation;
- provide students with personal and key skills enabling them to develop as independent and reflective individuals so that they may later contribute towards the continuous improvement of heritage and cultural activities of the region and beyond;
- create the awareness that both heritage and culture are a segment of the tourism industry and the knowledge of how to integrate cultural aspects within the tourism product;
- equip students with the right skills (including extrapolation, evaluation, empathy, interpretation, sense of direction, organisation, planning, coordinating, etc.) that a modern, efficient tourism industry requires – people who know how to take the right and strategic action as required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cities of Culture
- Exhibiting Cultures: The Arts and the Media
- Religious Heritage and Niche Tourism
- Cultural and Geographic Landscapes in Tourism
- Traditions and the Tourism Product
- Development of Cultural Identities
- Cultural Tourism and the European Dimension
- Cultural Legislation and Policy
- The Marketing and Management of Culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Public Policy Tourism & Leisure View 4 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a Bachelor degree from this University, or another recognised university, with at least Second Class Honours or Category II in Tourism Studies or in other related areas deemed suitable by the Board or
- a Bachelor degree from this University, or another recognised university, obtained with Third Class Honours or Category III, in Tourism Studies or related areas deemed suitable by the Board, provided that they have obtained other qualifications, including relevant experience, following their first cycle degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA1920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 960
- Yr 1: Eur 5,400 / Yr 2: Eur 5,400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.