The Communication Therapy programme at the University of Malta will allow students to develop and refine their scientific knowledge and research skills and will ultimately lead to the write-up of a research based dissertation. During the course of the research project the students will enhance knowledge and research abilities in a specifically chosen area of research.
By the end of the research exercise, students will be able to:
- critically review related scientific literature
- identify a gap in the literature
- successfully compile a research proposal
- demonstrate in - depth understanding of the chosen research topic
- demonstrate in-depth understanding of the chosen method/s of data collection and data analysis
- appreciate effective ways of presenting research results and findings
- critically appraise research findings adequately
- evaluate and demonstrate the relevance of other researchers’ findings to the presented work
- demonstrate an appreciation of ethical issues in research within this
- field and respond to them appropriately
- critically evaluate the chosen methodological approach and the results obtained
- present, defend and debate findings
- plan and design a research project
- manage a research project, taking into consideration ethical issues, time-planning and budgeting, if relevant
- effectively organise the collected research data
- present information in a structured, accurate and logical manner
- produce a potentially publishable piece of scientific writing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Health Care Professionals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours) obtained with at least Second Class (Honours) from the Faculty of Health Sciences in an area of study which should be directly related to the area in which the research is to be carried out or
- a Bachelor's degree obtained with at least a Second Class (Honours) in a discipline deemed by the Board as being closely related to the area of study in which the research is to be carried out or
- a qualification deemed equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8933 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Yr 1: Eur 13,400 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.