You will choose a research topic under the guidance of Faculty of Arts experts and will be provided opportunities to showcase a solid linguistic mastery of Chinese, as well as advanced knowledge of Chinese literature and philology.
The Oriental Studies (Chinese) programme at the University of Malta is meant to enhance your understanding of relevant concepts of Chinese literature, language, and society. You will also be encouraged to acquire a sound knowledge of Mandarin while attempting a deeper understanding of Chinese classical, modern, and contemporary society.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the academic world, business, government and the media, in possession of a comprehensive knowledge and disciplinary rigour of China and a refined linguistic fluency in Chinese, then this programme of study is designed for you.
The agenda of this Masters programme is twofold, serving to be an end qualification in itself and preparatory for more advanced graduate work in Sinology and/or East Asian Studies (MPhil/PhD).
- Methods of Research
- Directed Study in Chinese
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 12 other Masters in Literature in Malta
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a comparable degree
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.