This Sustainable Building Design Masters programme at the University of Malta is targeted as a specialisation for the practicing Perit and Building Services Engineer. It is intended to enhance the profession, as it focuses more on the overall performance of buildings, with a stronger accent on a holistic sustainable design.
Graduates of this Masters will eventually have a more diversified portfolio and experience in the more specific international job market in the field of sustainable design of buildings.
Software modelling and design tools are today considered an integral part of these professions. This is today considered a niche market, which deploys a variety of allied fields in itself, applied in retrofitting and design of new buildings, towards NZEB (Near Zero Energy Buildings) and enhanced performance standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermal Environment
- Fire and Public Health Engineering
- Energy Conversion Processes: Thermofluid Systems
- Acoustics and Noise Control
- Advanced Building Physics
- Engineering Management
- Building Fabric and Retrofitting
- Certification Methods in Buildings
- Computational Modeling
- Integrated Design for Services in Buildings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design Sustainable Development View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a Bachelor degree from this University with at least Second Class (Honours) in a discipline related to the Built Environment, Architecture, or Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or any other degree related to the building services or
- a qualification deemed to be comparable.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 1,500
- Yr 1: Eur 6,700 / Yr 2: Eur 6,700
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.