Family Nurse Practitioner from University of Tulsa provides intensive preparation to provide comprehensive primary care with an interdisciplinary focus. The program prepares students using didactic learning, laboratory skills, human patient simulation and extensive clinical experiences providing care for all ages of patients.
Students at Family Nurse Practitioner from University of Tulsa will:
- Develop new practice approaches based on nursing theory and theories borrowed from other disciplines to improve health and reduce health disparities locally, nationally and globally.
- Employ strategic leadership skills and inter-professional collaboration to influence health policy, advocate for social justice, and promote equity locally, nationally and globally.
- Implement ethical, cost effective and evidence-based changes in care systems, while advancing the profession.
- Provide leadership at the highest levels to design, direct and evaluate system changes to deliver and promote patient-centered care that is culturally competent, safe, timely, effective, efficient and equitable.
- Engage in complex, evidence-based advanced nursing practice, and evaluate innovative approaches to care delivery for individuals, communities and populations.
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Translational Research
- Advanced Assessment
- Healthcare Informatics
- Health Care Policy
- Diagnosis and Management I: Introduction to Diagnostic Reasoning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- International students - allow at least two to three months to complete
- Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships-22/01
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Informatics View 207 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of purpose (admission essay)
- 2 letters of recommendation from a coworker and a supervisor
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- Documentation of a current Registered Nurse license
- $60 application fee
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo exam and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- Recommended overall GPA of 3.0
International41670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 36 months.
National41670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.