About this Degree
The Master of Professional Practice in Dietetics (MPP) at Iowa State University is a 30-credit, full-time, 12-month, non-thesis Master’s degree distance education program that combines didactic coursework with supervised experiential learning to train future Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN). Students complete a minimum of 1000 hours in experiential learning in didactic as well as on-site placements.
If you have either graduated from a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) with a verification statement or are in process of completing your DPD, the online MPP program may be the right choice for you. Our online format allows you to take classes on line at your convenience and complete your supervised practice in Iowa or anywhere in the US – where you are already established or where you would ultimately like to work.
- Food Systems Management
- Community Nutrition Rotations
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 74 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA)
- Valid DPD Verification Statement.
- Overall GPA ≥ 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- DPD GPA ≥ 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- GRE not required
- Three letters of Recommendation (from faculty, work supervisors or those who can attest to the applicant’s ability to succeed in an online program and in the field of dietetics are also required.)
- A personal statement in Microsoft Word (750 words or less) is also required
- International students who will require an I-20 for F-1 status are not eligible to apply to the MPP. International applicants residing in the US in other statuses (such as J-2, H-1B, H-4 or green card holders) that allow them to pursue higher education, are eligible to apply.
International17191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17191 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17191 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.