In the Nutrition and Dietetics program from University of Wollongong, you will undertake clinical experience in general and specialist hospitals in local, regional and rural areas, as well as in a variety of community and industry settings.
Why choose this course
- Our School of Medicine has modern purpose built teaching and research facilities including access to a well-equipped clinical trials facility in the Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute (IHMRI), and nutrition related laboratories such as those addressing food preparation (kitchen laboratories), dietary analyses (computer laboratories) physiology, biochemistry and exercise science.
The Master of Nutrition and Dietetics has full accreditation with Dietitians Australia, making all graduates eligible for the credential of Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD).
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Dietetics Care
- Community and Public Health Nutrition
- Principles of Health Research
- Food Service Dietetics
- Dietetics Care
- Nutrition and Food Innovation
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 235 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor degree of at least 3 years’ duration from a recognised tertiary institution. Pre-requisite content must include content in human biosciences, food and nutrition, taught in an evidence-based paradigm. Human Biosciences and Food and Nutrition Science must include:
- Chemistry (0.25 EFTSL) followed by Biochemistry (0.25 EFTSL – typically two subjects at second year level or higher and must include metabolic biochemistry and laboratory practicals);
- Human Biology (0.25 EFTSL) followed by Human Physiology (0.25 EFTSL – typically two subjects at second year level or higher and must include systems physiology including laboratory practicals); and
- Nutrition science scaffolded across years of study (0.5 EFTSL – typically four subjects at different year levels across the degree)
- Statistics – preferably biostatistics
- CRICOS: 007054G
International33456 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 66912 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
National27648 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55296 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Wollongong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.