The Master of Conservation Biology from University of Wollongong is a unique course as it provides you with the opportunity to extend your technical knowledge and use it to determine your competency in the specific discipline before choosing one of the three possible pathways (research or technical or management).
What you will study
- Areas covered include conservation biology, ecological and evolutionary physiology, marine and terrestrial ecology, and fisheries and aquaculture.
- Additional preparatory subjects focus on laboratory work and science communication skills.
- Candidates with appropriate qualifications and laboratory skills will be awarded credit for these subjects.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Ecology
- Responsible Research
- Fundamentals of Science Communication
- Fundamentals of Science Data, IT and Emerging Technologies
- Evolution and Behaviour
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 9 other Masters in Microbiology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recognised Bachelor of Science degree that includes introductory level subjects in the areas of general biology, ecology, genetics, evolution, physiology and statistics, or equivalent.
- CRICOS: 097267D
International31392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62784 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
National27072 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54144 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Wollongong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.