About this Degree
We also are involved with the development of new detector technology for existing and future high energy experiments. Please explore the various links below to find out more about the exciting research being done at Iowa State, and to learn about current research opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Learning Goals that students in this High Energy Physics program at Iowa State University are expected to meet include:
- Conduct original research. Our graduate students will conduct high-quality, original research in a specific field of physics/astronomy. This includes developing the ability to understand scholarly literature, to articulate research objectives, and to interpret research results appropriately.
- Attain knowledge of physics/astronomy. Our graduate students will obtain a sound foundation in advanced physics/astronomy and in the advanced experimental, observational, and computational techniques required for their research. They will also obtain a broad understanding of other fields of physics/astronomy beyond their research specialty.
- Develop professionalism. Our graduate students will conduct scholarship and teaching, in teams or independently, in ways that consistently demonstrate ethical practice and integrity. They will develop proficiency in written and verbal communication of complex scientific topics at the level required for presenting results in refereed journals and at scientific conferences.
- Physics for the Nonscientist
- Physical Sciences for Elementary Education
- Physics of Music
- Classical Physics
- Principles and Symmetries in Classical Physics
- Thermal Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 125 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- GRE General and Subject Tests are optional for 2021
- Statement of Goals/Interests (if not submitted electronically)
- All program required supplemental materials are to be uploaded as PDF documents into the online application system. If for some reason you are unable to upload, you may email documents to email@example.com or postal mail to the address below.
- A limited number of admission fee waivers will be available. See department website for details.
- Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation
International29124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14562 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13714 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5941 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ames
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.