Whether it’s human behaviour, biology, culture and values in a past or present society, in this Anthropology course at the University of Malta you will be encouraged to advance a unique perspective on any aspect of a human demographic. This can range from the environment, race, ethnicity, psychology, food, religion, urban development and medical practices. You will be tasked with writing on your chosen setting at length, which will sharpen your discipline in answering a vast research question.
- Understand a multitude of anthropological theories and apply them to a research question
- Obtain a strong background in social sciences
- Develop your interest in international field research
- Learn how to make use of archival resources and to write academically about the field
- Collect data for research analysis and apply sources and references to strengthen your writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Research Process
- Methods of Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Sociology View 4 other Masters in Archaeology in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- Third Class Honours only if such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a degree which the Board considers as comparable to any of the degrees indicated above. This comparability may, in exceptional cases, extend to applicants proposing a research topic which in itself bridges the area of study of the first degree and the one being applied for. In such cases, applicants would be required to attend an interview to assess their suitability.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 / Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.