What you will learn
The Integrated Product Design programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) focuses on teaching how to design user-centered innovative products and product service combinations, based on a balance between the interests of users, business and societal challenges. It covers the entire design process, starting from a design brief and ending with a complete product that is fit for mass or small series production. Thus the emphasis of the IPD master is on teaching conceptualisation and embodiment design, by applying systematic state-of-the-art theories and methodologies, and by integrating user, technology and business aspects. The identity of the IPD Master’s programme is determined by the coherent integration of all these aspects to come to a successful new product proposal; this makes the IPD Master’s programme challenging, exciting and unique.
The international product development arena is changing rapidly; products are becoming smarter, better integrated into systems and have to comply with increasingly stringent standards. Product development is moving from an inter-disciplinary to a transdisciplinary occupation, becoming more knowledge intensive and therefore in need of continuous updates of tools and methods.
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Manage your Master
- Advanced Concept Design
- Advanced Embodiment Design
- Managing Product Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Interior Design View 4 other Masters in Interior Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have a balanced combination of design skills and a thorough understanding of the product development process.
- Applicants with a BSc in a traditional engineering discipline (mechanical engineering, mechatronics, production engineering/manufacturing technology, aerospace engineering or maritime engineering), are eligible to apply for a special variant of the MSc IPD programme
- The digital portfolio should present your work from your previous education programme(s). Projects resulting from working experience may also be added to the portfolio.
International18750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.