The main objective of the Financial Engineering program from Bogazici University is to provide graduate level technical education to students who want to work in the new and growing finance industry. This includes investment banks and corporations, financial management and consulting companies, insurance companies and firms that invest in financial markets.
What you'll learn
Students will be exposed to a technically rigorous curriculum that provides a strong base in optimization techniques and stochastic modeling. The main emphasis is on the application of these techniques and models in financial markets through computational methods and simulation. Due to the apparent diversity of the educational program, it has an interdisciplinary structure that involves the three main schools of the university.
Students who have successfully completed the requirements of the FE program will receive an MS degree. The graduation requirement is to complete 31 credits of course work consisting of 9 required, 2 elective courses and a graduation project. This can be accomplished in 3 semesters under normal circumstances.
The graduation project requires teamwork by groups of 2-4 students on an applied topic under the supervision of a faculty member for 2 semesters. Those applicants who do not have the necessary background to follow the academic program may be required to take additional remedial courses. This background mainly consists of undergraduate level probability and statistics, linear algebra, calculus, differential equations, computer programming, basic economics and corporate finance.
- Optimization Models in Economics and Finance
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Mathematics of Uncertainty
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Calculus
- Derivative Securities and Markets
- Transcript of undergraduate education (official),
- Two reference letters (Envelopes must be sealed, unsealed envelops are unaccepted) (Click here to download the reference letter)
- Statement of purpose (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter from your employer (about your job description and term of office)
- Photocopy of diploma,
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- An official document indicating the student's disciplinary record at the University he/she has graduated from (Only when applying from a Turkish University).
- An official document indicating the applicant's disciplinary record at the university from which he or she has graduated (only for applicants who have studied in Turkish universities)
International6060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 101 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National6060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 101 EUR per credit during 18 months.
The cost per credit for the 2021-2022 academic year is 1.075 TL.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.