The Construction Engineering and Management program from Bogazici University intends to educate engineers and architects for leader positions in construction companies engaged in the design, construction and operation of large scale projects such as mass housing, high-rise buildings, industrial plants, water systems, highway networks, airports, harbours, dams which include thousands of job items. Graduates are expected to gain competence in project planning and management, cost control, legal issues, contract management, organization of construction sites as well as advanced technical skills.The CEM program is going to provide a sound foundation for the students with compulsory and elective courses on construction management and elective courses on structural, geotechnical, hydraulic, environmental, transportation and materials engineering fields.
Degree requirementsStudents are required to take 33 credits of course work consisting of 12 courses and a project. Six of these courses are compulsory core courses; five in construction management, and one in communication skills. Elective courses are provided in two groups. The first group is composed of courses on construction management and related fields and second group includes technology related courses in the fields of civil engineering. Students are required to take three courses from each group. The project is to be completed under the supervision of a faculty member on a topic from construction engineering and management fields preferably including a case/problem related with the construction sector. The program is designed to be completed in three semesters with regular workload.
- Engineering and Managerial Economics
- Statistics for Engineers and Managers
- Construction Project management
- Financial Management in Construction
- Strategic Management of Construction Companies
- Case Studies in Construction Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Finance View 9 other Masters in Project Management in Turkey
- GPA - 2.00/4.00
- Official Transcript
- An undergraduate degree diploma or a graduation document.
- Those who have not graduated yet, must submit an official letter indicating that they are expected to graduate.
- Statement of Purpose
- Reference letter - Two letters
- At least two years of professional experience is expected, however new graduates may also apply.
- If the applicant is employed, a document indicating job description and the duration of work must be submitted.
International5102 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National5102 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89 EUR per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.