The Creative Industries (CI) are rooted in the creativity, skills, and talents of people. Through generation and exploitation of intellectual property, the creative industries have great potential for wealth and job creation. The scope of creative industries includes visual arts, music and performing arts, cultural production development, arts and crafts, film, television and broadcasting, publishing, advertising, design, digital entertainment, fashion, branding, creative lifestyle, architecture, etc.
In order to meet the industrial ideology of the 21st century and seize new opportunities, Institute of Creative Industry Design (ICID) at National Cheng Kung University employs interdisciplinary experts in various professional fields to engage in multifaceted research.
The Creative Industries Design MA program offers three different specializations:
Brand & Marketing Planning:
- This track focuses on cultivating students’ knowledge of brand management and marketing planning as well as advancing understanding of consumer behavior and user experience.
- With the knowledge of consumer behaviors, the concept of brand values, marketing evaluation as well as strategic marketing and management in the cultural and creative industries in particular, students are encouraged to integrate culture, art, life, creativity and commodity production, and to further establish new brands and commercialize and industrialize their creative designs.
Media & Interaction Design:
- The research issues are related to Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Smart Environment and Digital Media, which promote the quality of human life and the development of creative industries.
- Many of the staff’s works have received awards in major competitions all over the world and have been recognized in industry-university cooperation.
Industry & Service Innovation:
- This track focuses on student’s ability to investigate and develop the service of creative industries. During their study the industry cases, student will conduct and create new business model by analyzing current industrial development. It will reinforce students’ innovation and design application in industry and service design.
- After completing their market investigation, business evaluation, and marketing strategies development, students are encouraged to propose their creative service ideas as a creative industries pioneer project.
- Creative Industries Studies
- Creative Product Design
- Consumer Behavior
- Branding and Marketing
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Design in Creative Industries
- Interaction Design Research
- Computational Media
- Managing Creative Enterprises
- Design Psychology
- Special Issues in Intellectual Property Policy
- Design Philosophy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application form
- The highest degree diploma verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- If the diploma is not in Chinese or English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or Chinese is required
- Official transcripts
- Financial statement
- Identity card and/or passport, ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and Certificate of R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials (if applicable)
- Study plan: education background, research interest, motivations for further study, etc.
- English proficiency
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- For Media & Interaction Design: attach portfolio
International2926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1463 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Foreign and Mainland Chinese students: NTD 41100 per semester
Living costs for Tainan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.