The Applied Sociology programme at the Vytautas Magnus University is designed in line with major research interests of research in department (gender and family, health care, politics, migration, religion studies). After completion of the Applied Sociology, the master’s degree in Social Sciences is granted.
Graduates will be able to:
- SOCIAL ISSUES. Identify social problems of social institutions – in economics, politics, family, law, education, religion, medicine (i.e., macro-level), and at the level of individual relations (i.e., micro-level).
- APPROAHCES AND METHODS. Implement research projects and perform empirical research by applying quantitative and qualitative methods of social research.
- DATA. Process research data with the data analysis software, analyze and interpret the data.
- IMPACT. Consult public, non-governmental and private organizations on human resources, organizational culture, and communication
Graduates of Applied Sociology programme will be able to work:
- in social research centres, public opinion and market research institutions, and public administration;
- organisational work in private and public institutions and non-governmental organizations;
- in science and education institutions;
- in advertising and public relations agencies;
- in various spheres of media;
- in cultural institutions;
- in international organizations and foundations for development, public health, tourism and recreation, and humanitarian aid;
- Trends in Contemporary Social Theories
- Methodology of Social Sciences
- Globalization and Migration
- Research Trends in Sociology of Culture
- Contemporary Sociology of Religion
- Applied Social and Market Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Statistics View 5 other Masters in Social Work in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree diploma or equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or other related field. Applicants, who have not studied in a Sociology undergraduate programme, should have complementary courses (12-18 ECTS): Introduction to Sociology; Methodology of Social Sciences; Classical Sociological Theories, Contemporary Sociological Theories. The programme of complementary studies is completed together with bachelor students during the first two semesters.
- Proof of English Language.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter* 0,5 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,4 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination* 0,1. In case there is no evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination, arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects * 0,5.
International3989 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3989 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3989 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3989 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.