Geomatics at National Cheng Kung University comprises the science and technology of gathering, analyzing, interpreting, distributing, and utilizing geospatial (Earth-based) information. At National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), the research and teaching activities in the Department of Geomatics evolve around the subjects of, but not limited to, geodesy, surveying, mapping, kinematic positioning, vehicle navigation, cartography, photogrammetry, remote sensing (RS), geographical information system (GIS), and global navigation satellite system (GNSS). Each or a combination of these subjects have important connection to our daily life. For example, the combination of GIS and GNSS facilitates transportation means and greatly improves marine and land navigation.
The Department of Geomatics at National Cheng Kung University has a distinguished history and tradition of excellences in teaching, research, and services. The department has always encouraged collaboration between academic research and local industry to promote hands-on learning experience to its students. As a result, there is a great demand for the department's graduates in the marketplace of geomatics engineering in general; furthermore, the demand has been growing at a healthy rate in recent years.
There have been more than one thousand graduates from the department since its establishment. Most of the graduates are currently holding positions in government branches or private companies related to surveying, mapping, photogrammetry, remote sensing, construction, transportation, and GIS, etc.
- Image Processing
- Special Topics in GIS Mapping
- Theory and Applications of Wavelets
- Inertial Surveying and Navigation System
- Physical Geodesy
- Satellite Geodesy
- Advanced Digital Photogrammetry
- Spatial Statistics
- Laser Remote Sensing
- Digital Photogrammetry
- Artificial Neural Networks: Theory and Applications in Geomatics Engineering
- Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
- Satellite Altimetry
- Estimation of Navigation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Geography in Taiwan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application form
- Bachelor’s degree diploma (or above)
- The official transcripts by years verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- A financial statement verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and(/or) passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials ( if applicable)
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Application fee
International2600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per semester during 24 months.
National2600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per semester during 24 months.
NTD 41100 per semester
Living costs for Tainan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.