Linguistics and TESOL at National Cheng Kung University provides its students with basic and advanced training in English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, and Russian, and thereby enhances their proficiency in the foreign languages aforementioned. It offers training in linguistics-related courses and cultivates students' understanding of western (especially Anglo-American) literature and culture.
Linguistics and TESOL students at National Cheng Kung University are expected to become critical thinkers who, broadly educated, can integrate what they have learned and adapt themselves to the ever-changing world, at the same time preparing themselves for possible academic careers.
Students at Linguistics and TESOL at National Cheng Kung University will have the following outcomes:
- To advance professional English communication skills for literature or linguistics
- To comprehend differences in theories and approaches and sharpen critical writing abilities
- To broaden interdisciplinary critical thinking skills and global vision
- To enhance innovative leadership, teamwork skills, and creative research abilities
- Research Methodology: Linguistics
- Children’s Early Language Acquisition
- Code-Switching Among Bilingual Children
- Reading in Second/Foreign Language
- Teaching Writing in a Second/Foreign Language
- Comparative Linguistics: Theory and Practice
- Using Multimedia and the Internet in Language Teaching
- Seminars on Syntax : The Comparative Syntax between English and Chinese
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application form
- Bachelor’s degree diploma (or above)
- The official transcripts by years verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- A financial statement verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and(/or) passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials ( if applicable)
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Application fee
International2164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1082 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1082 USD per semester during 12 months.
NTD 34200 per semester
Living costs for Tainan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.