Polar and Marine Sciences (POMOR) programme from Saint-Petersburg State University is a Russian-German double degree research-oriented interdisciplinary Master programme at Saint Petersburg University and Hamburg University in close cooperation with the universities of Bremen, Kiel and Potsdam, Hamburg University of Technology, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemuende and All-Russian Scientific and Research Institute of Geology and Mineral Resources of the World Ocean named after Academician I.S. Gramberg.
The graduates are able to:
- set goals, objectives and choose methods of applied research in the field of polar and marine science; obtain new reliable facts based on observations, experiments and analysis of empirical data;
- apply modern methods of processing and interpreting scientific data;
- teach at the university; to organize research, educational and professional activities; participate in the implementation of educational and methodological activities in educational programmes in the field of polar and marine sciences;
- carry out environmentally friendly surveying, geological exploration, and other types of work in the study and/or operation of natural objects in Polar Regions;
- establish and maintain relationships in the social and professional sphere
- Ocean Basins, Sediments and Climate Change
- High Seas and Coastal Waters Oceanography
- Polar and Marine Ecosystem: Structure, Functioning and Vulnerability
- Mineral resources
- Processes in the Coastal Zone and Environmental Management
- Periglacial Environments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Government-funded basis: 21 May
- Fee-paying (contractual) basis: 25 June
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Management View 6 other Masters in Environmental Management in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An application form for an educational programme. The application is filled in and uploaded to the Personal Account
- An original Credential (document of education) and its supplements with grades/marks. The educational documents should be properly prepared to be submitted in the Russian Federation.
- A copy of an identity document. Please note that your passport should have validity of minimum 18 months at the time your studies at SPbU begin.
- Admissions tests for main programmes are in form of competitive selection of documents (Portfolio) except entry exams for Specialist degree program General medicine and Stomatology.
International4090 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4090 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3573 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3573 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus: 298,300 rubles
- For international students including stateless persons: 341,500 rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.