This MSc in Computer Science is suitable offered at the University of Liverpool leads to a wide range of careers in the IT industry; in many cases students seek employment at the interface of the IT domain and the subject matter of their first degree.
The four main research groups: Agents; Algorithmics; Logic and Computation; and Economics and Computation provide a critical mass of expertise, strong group support and collaboration.
MSc research projects offer the opportunity to contribute to, and shape, cutting-edge research and innovative technologies of the future.
Here are some of the fields in which our MSc graduates are now working:-
- Network systems and data communications analysis
- Computer software engineering (both applications and systems software)
- Network and computer systems administration
- Database administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods In Computer Science
- Object Oriented Software Development
- Database and Information Systems
- Web Programming
- Safety and Dependability
- Reasoning About Action and Change
- Applied Algorithmics
- Multi-core Programming
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We encourage applicants to apply early particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 637 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- The MSc in Computer Science programme is intended for graduates without a Computer Science first degree, but with a 2:1 honours degree in a subject with some appropriate mathematical or scientific content. Relevant work experience will also be taken into consideration.
- With respect to applicants who have computing related BSc honours degrees, but where those degrees provide only partial coverage of the content and/or do not achieve the standard of a UK computer science BSc degree such applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis and an appropriate selection of modules identified.
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National £8,850
- International £21,600
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.