The Artist Diploma program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas differs from the Doctor of Musical Arts program in that it is intended for musicians who are solely interested in a career in performance whereas the DMA program is designed for students who may primarily be pursuing a career in academia.
The curriculum is limited to applied lessons, ensembles, and performance related seminars in order to provide students with the maximum opportunity to refine their performance skills. The Artist Diploma recipient will be prepared to go on to participate in international competitions, audition for professional orchestras and opera companies, and embark on a performance career.
- Perform or conduct and rehearse in an area of specialization at the highest level of professional practice.
- Student engagement in research, scholarship, creative expression and/or appropriate high-level professional practice.
- Demonstrate historical and theoretical knowledge supportive of the development of individualized interpretations within a full range of musical styles.
- Activities requiring originality, critical analysis and expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Symphony Orchestra
- Wind Orchestra
- Graduate Applied Music for Performance Majors
- Artist Diploma Performance Seminar
- Opera Workshop
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1060 other Masters in Music in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must have already earned a Masters degree. This program is limited to the most advanced instrumentalists, vocalists, and conductors, who are in the beginning stages of professional careers as performers.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 24 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.