About the ProgramsThe Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education program of Tufts University seeks candidates with backgrounds in STEM disciplines, the Learning Sciences, and related areas. Everything we do in our programs is informed by these core values:
- To respect, uncover, and build upon all students' natural curiosity and productive intellectual resources for learning and inventing.
- To engage learners in scientific, mathematical, and engineering-based thinking––for instance, by asking questions, building arguments, thinking systematically, and designing solutions to meaningful problems.
Students in the program:
- Work closely with program faculty on a variety of research and outreach projects.
- Complete coursework that reflects learning sciences perspectives on disciplinary knowledge and practices; cultural, historical and philosophical influences on educational thought and practices; and design and instruction.
- Complete independent projects.
- The beginnings of STEM thinking in learners' knowledge and abilities.
- How students progress toward disciplinary practices and understandings.
- Teachers' noticing, attending, and responding to student thinking.
- Diversity and access in K-16 STEM education.
- The design and study of technologies to support thinking, learning, and inquiry.
- Human Development & Learning
- Experiencing Scientific Inquiry
- Responsive teaching in science
- Resource-based Models of Learning in STEM Disciplines
- Theory and Research in Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Education
- Learning, Cognition, and Academic Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1840 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application for Admission through Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- One official copy of each of your college transcripts
- Official GREs: test scores will be optional
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Collectively the letters should address your capacity to accomplish graduate-level studies.
- Personal Statement: Tell us about what motivates you to study STEM Education at Tufts. We are hoping for a reflection about your experiences and personal objectives, 1500-2500 words.
- Writing Sample: Where the personal statement is about you, this should be a sample of your scholarly writing about a topic in STEM Education, citing references from relevant literature. Feel free to send a paper you've already written, for a course or for publication, or write something new focused on problems you are interested to study.
- Application Fee
- Financial Aid Application
International54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.