About the Program
The goal of the Physician Assistant and Public Health program of Tufts University is to blend the clinical skills learned in training to be a PA with a thorough understanding of public health concepts such as global health, epidemiology, community health needs, and health education.
Graduates of the PA/MPH degree track are equipped to become superb clinicians with the analytical skills and public health foundational knowledge required to assess the health needs of a community, develop health education programs, participate in clinical or community-based research, or become faculty at health profession training programs. Upon completion of the PA/MPH degree track, students will receive two master's degrees: a Master of Medical Science (MMS) from the PA Program and a Master of Public Health (MPH) from the Public Health Program.
- The MPH degree requires 42 credits and the Physician Assistant program 77 credits. The PA/MPH curriculum is organized so that students complete all MPH degree requirements in three terms, except for PH 229 Integration of Public Health/Physician Assistant. PH 229 will continue throughout the duration of the PA program. Students take the same required program courses as all MPH students, as well as PH 231 Health Services QI Methods, PH 229 and nine credits of approved elective courses. PA/MPH students are awarded three credits for the completion of their Master of Medical Science degree; these count toward the MPH degree.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy View 183 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application e-submitted in CASPA with application fee paid
- Resume/CV is uploaded
- Patient Care Document found in CASPA is completed
- All official transcripts received by CASPA
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation received by CASPA
- 3rd letter of recommendation (References from shadowing experiences will not be accepted as one of the three required recommendations)
- Official GRE/MCAT Scores
- TOEFL Scores (if required)
International21668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10834 USD per semester during 36 months.
National21668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10834 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.