The Public Administration, Leadership and Digitalization at Åbo Akademi University programme is directed at students coming from a social science background (minimum requirement of a bachelor degree of 180 ECTS) aiming at preparing for professional work in academia as well as within public sector organizations.
The programme will provide students with valuable insights into theory and practice, focusing on public administration, public finance and budgeting, and governance. The Nordic welfare models is highly integrated throughout the programme, together with a distinct perspective on how public sector organizations are affected by and adjusts to processes of digitalization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced methods in social science
- Master thesis
- Public Sector Management and Leadership
- Public Sector Reform
- Applied Organization Theory
- Management of Public Resources
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Leadership
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be eligible for the Nordic Master in Public Administration, Leadership, and Digitalization programme, you need a bachelor’s degree of at least 180 ECTS within the field of social sciences (or equivalent). Within the bachelor’s degree you are required to have at least 7.5 ECTS of science theory and methodology.
- It is not a formal requirement to have written a bachelor’s thesis within your degree, but for a successful completion of the programme you are recommended to have a high degree of proficiency in reading and writing academic text.
- For students purposing to seek a semester at NORD University during their 2nd or 3rd semester (see above), admission requirements are as follows:
- Business or management subjects 20 ECTS credits
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8210 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16421 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full education cost: 178000 SEK
No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.