Taking advantage of the expertise of the faculty of both Schools, the Media Management MSocSc programme from Hong Kong Baptist University integrates state-of-the-art knowledge about media and management in its programme design for the education of media professionals for executive leadership in the media industry.
Students will be immersed in holistic studies of the overall media environment and management strategies with a view to applying the knowledge and skills in media operations.
As a professional degree built upon solid research foundation, the Programme emphasizes both thinking and application in media management and serves both the media industry and the society by educating confident and competent media managers. Located in strategic Hong Kong, the Programme is geared to the challenges of rapid media development in the Pan-Chinese region and a globalizing world.
The programme aims to develop professionals’ conceptual and analytical skills in applying state-of-art media and management research knowledge; to discipline media professionals with leadership and management acumen; to cultivate media professionals to become executive leaders in the media industry; and to lay a foundation for those interested in further advanced studies in media or management.
- Media Management
- Corporate Financial Management
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- Global Marketing Strategy
- Approaches & Methods in Communication Research
- Issues in Intercultural Communication
- Media and Communication in Chinese Societies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- rolling admission policy
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 6 other Masters in Digital Communication in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or institution
- Personal particulars: a copy of passport OR identity document issued by the applicant's home country
- English result: valid IELTS or TOFEL report if English is not the medium of instruction for your bachelor degree, please notice that the IELTS/TOEFL result is only valid for 2 years (the score must meet our minimum English requirement)
- References: contact information of 2 referees or 2 references (referees must be able to speak of the applicant’s ability to undertake academic work at an advanced level)
- Personal statement: not more than 500-words in English outlining their academic interests and objects
International18629 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18629 USD per year during 12 months.
National18629 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18629 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.