The Diploma in IOA Acoustics and Noise Control at London South Bank University can secure you a career in related disciplines, including environmental health, mechanical engineering, building services engineering, architecture, urban planning, health and safety and the music industry.
The Diploma provides sufficient specialist academic training to satisfy the educational requirements for membership of the Institute of Acoustics, the most highly regarded professional membership in the acoustics, noise and vibration industry. The Diploma has been taught since 1975 and is well-known for providing a high level training in acoustics and noise control.
This course provides the training needed to satisfy the requirements for corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) and is recognised as a valid qualification towards achievement a Chartered Engineer status (CEng).
The Diploma is well regarded in other countries including the USA, Canada and Australia.
Graduates are particularly sought after in the acoustics, noise and vibration control related industries. Other industry sectors such as Architectural, Building Services Engineering, Sound Engineering, Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Civil Engineering seek this qualification for some of their employees and projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The following five modules are available at LSBU:
- General Principles of Acoustics (GPA)
- Building Acoustics
- Noise and Vibration control
The GPA Module involves around 120 study hours including coursework and tutorials. Each Specialist Module is around 60 hours study time.
Successful completion of IOA Diploma exempts you from five out of eight modules of the LSBU MSc Environmental and Architectural Acoustics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Music View 249 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The standard entry requirement is a 2:2 or above degree (or the equivalent experience and achievement) in a science or branch of engineering, or in a cognate discipline such as construction, sonic arts or environmental health.
- Although the IOA Diploma is committed to maintaining academic rigour, it is also committed to an open access policy. If you lack the standard entry level then a qualification in an alternative discipline or substantial relevant professional experience may be an acceptable alternative, as long as you can demonstrate an appropriate level of study skills and baseline knowledge, particularly in mathematics and physics.
- The course is considered to be to a postgraduate level. You should seek the advice of the course director if you are seeking non-standard entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5625 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5625 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.