- With diverse course offerings and degree paths that cultivate research, writing, and technical and creative production skills, our graduates are poised for successful careers in academia, consulting, business and nonprofit practice, public service, and the media industry. The MA in Communication is one graduate degree program housed in two different departments: the Department of Communication and the Department of Film & Digital Media. As such, we offer two distinct programs of study.
- Film and Digital Media students at the Baylor University affiliated with the Department of Film & Digital Media explore various dimensions of media, including film, television/video, audio, new media, screenwriting, and media studies. Coursework focuses on the creation and production of film, audio, video, and new communication technologies, as well as the study of their critical significance and impact on culture and individuals.
- Graduate students explore four different aspects—production, media studies, media management and technology, and uses and effects research—as a means of improving students’ understanding of storytelling. Production work and media studies immerse students in the creation, theory, and aesthetics of film and video. Students also engage empirical methodologies such as experimental design as they examine uses and effects of media technologies and mass communication processes. Students have the opportunity to take courses and craft projects across multiple domains.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 338 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Test Score Report for GRE/GMAT if required by your prospective program;
- Test Score Report for TOEFL/IELTS or exemption request with proof of English proficiency;
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (you will be able to request these via an automated email as part of your online application).
- A completed and submitted online application.
- Application fee payment (you pay after submitting the application online; applications are not reviewed until the application fee is paid).
International64620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2154 USD per credit during 12 months.
National64620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2154 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Waco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.