It is a one-year full-time or two-year part-time programme that provides students with solid training in business economic analysis and data analytics. Students who are interested in becoming analytics-enabled professionals and data strategists are welcome to apply.
The Data Analytics and Business Economics program from Hong Kong Baptist University emphasizes on the values of economic principles in the current data science development and the necessary programming skills for solving real business problems.
Training received from the Programme enables graduates to fill the talent gap created by the new challenges presented by the smart city development.
- Managerial Economics and Business Strategy
- Big Data Analytics: Concepts and Techniques
- Big Data Analytics: Programming
- Statistics for Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Advanced Econometrics
- Applied Cost-Benefit Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 17 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hong Kong Baptist University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university, or equivalent, with satisfactory academic performance. The applicant is expected to possess an undergraduate degree either in business or in non-business fields with good quantitative training.
- Proof of English proficiency is required for applicants whose first degree were obtained from non-English-medium institutions. This can be fulfilled by obtaining a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79; or a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS; OR other equivalent qualifications.
International28676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28676 USD per year during 12 months.
National20392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20392 USD per year during 12 months.
- HK$160,000 [Local]
- HK$225,000 [Non-Local]
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.