- Ideal for practising engineers who want advanced, cutting-edge knowledge and skills in a chosen engineering field or want to move into an engineering management role.
- Lead and contribute to complex projects.
- Respond rapidly and effectively to current and emerging local and global challenges.
- Use evidence-based practice to imagine and realise change using management strategies, advanced design, collaborative decision-making and innovation.
- Choose from three majors within this study area.
- We are seeking provisionally accreditation for the following course majors with Engineers Australia:
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Construction
- Civil and Management.
- Start online unavailable. This course is only available to commence from February 2022.
Why choose this course?
This Master of Professional Engineering (Civil) course at Queensland University of Technology enhances the knowledge, practice and professional employability skills of engineers in specific discipline areas at an advanced level. Explore an integrated mix of specialist discipline complexity and evidence-based practice with future-focused professional skills development in a connected learning environment.
Three-quarters of new engineering graduates looking for full-time work find it within four months and have the highest rate of professional or managerial employment of all STEM graduates (Norton, 2016).
You can choose from three majors as part of this main study area:
- Civil engineering provides advanced studies in the broad spectrum of civil engineering disciplines, expanding the knowledge gained in undergraduate degrees and applying it to complex problems. The course will prepare graduates to deal with future challenges in sustainability of civil infrastructure with respect to global warming and population growth.
- Civil and construction provides advanced studies in design, building and maintenance of civil infrastructures, while expanding the knowledge gained in undergraduate degrees. Explore the sustainability of buildings, roads and utility networks in the context of future challenges to get prepared for a changing world.
- Civil and management provides advanced studies in the broad spectrum of civil engineering disciplines, expanding the knowledge gained in undergraduate degrees and complementing them with relevant management theory and practice in preparation to solve complex tasks in managing civil engineering projects.
- Project Management Principles
- Advances in Civil Engineering Practice
- Sustainable Practice in Engineering
- Research Methods for Engineers
- Data Analytics and Optimisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 95 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Australia
- a completed, recognised four-year full-time equivalent bachelor degree in civil engineering discipline with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (on QUT’s 7 point scale).
- engineering) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (on QUT’s 7 point scale)
- a four-year bachelor degree in any engineering discipline with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (on QUT’s 7 point scale).
- CRICOS: 096754G
International38400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38400 AUD per year during 24 months.
- This course is only available for international students.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.