To this end, the Cybersecurity MSc programme offered at University of Pisa provides its graduates with a deep knowledge of the scientific foundations, methodologies and technologies of the area, which allows them to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and to be able to deal with cybersecurity in the most diverse application areas.In particular, this is the first master’s degree in Italy that addresses the security aspects at both hardware and software levels.
The degree also addresses the context of cybersecurity, consisting of organizations and companies that need to protect themselves from security risks, and the legal aspects of information security.
- Knowledge of the scientific and technological aspects related to IT security and state-of-the-art solutions for the design, construction, verification and maintenance of safe and secure IT infrastructures and systems;
- knowledge of the aspects related to the organization of companies and the risk aspects related to the use of information technologies in the construction of their infrastructures and in data management;
- knowledge of the legal aspects regarding the protection of IT systems and treatment of data managed with digital tools; knowledge on the design of IT and data management systems in accordance with current legislation;
- ability to keep pace with technological innovation in cybersecurity, also by drawing on scientific publications in the field of cybersecurity
- ability to design and evaluate innovative IT security solutions
- Secure software engineering
- Network security
- Applied cryptography
- Language-based technology for security
- Data and system security
- Hardware and embedded security
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students with a 3-year Bachelor’s degree from another class obtained in Italy or equivalent qualifications obtained abroad can be admitted if they have acquired at least 54 ECTS (Italian equivalent CFU) credits in the following sectors:
- A good knowledge of English is required (Level B2 or higher).
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fees vary from €356 to €2,556 per year, depending on the student’s country of origin.
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.