Established in 1343, the University of Pisa is one of Italy’s foremost academic institutions, with a long-standing tradition in aeronautics and space. Major areas of study and research in space engineering at Pisa include space systems, space mission analysis and design, flight mechanics, fluid dynamics and aerodynamics, aerothermodynamics, chemical and electric rocket propulsion, airbreathing propulsion, structures and materials. To this purpose the Aerospace Engineering Section runs a broad set of dedicated facilities and specialized laboratories.
Aerospace Engineering at University of Pisa
Students at the Aerospace Engineering MSc degree from University of Pisa are required to take two years of approved courses and research work, for a total of 120 ECTS credits. The final thesis required for graduation can be carried out either at the University of Pisa or at an external institution, like a second university in Italy or abroad, a research center or an industry. Graduation is granted at the end of the second academic year, upon successful fulfillment of the set requirements.
- Aerospace Dynamic Systems Analysis
- Aerospace Structures
- Spaceflight Mechanics
- Fluid Dynamics of Propulsion System
- Spacecraft Technology
- Electric Propulsion
- Space Systems
- Spacecraft Structures and Mechanisms
- Rocket Propulsion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Nationals of EU member countries can apply to MSSE until September 30 free of charge; or from October 1 to December 31, with an administrative surcharge.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Aerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 3 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- International students applying for a place must have completed at least three years of undergraduate education in an engineering discipline or in an applied science. Extensive undergraduate preparation in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, mechanics, engineering and mathematics is required. The Admissions Committee may also consider research papers, publications and other original work. Adequate knowledge of English is required.
- Adequate knowledge of English is mandatory (B2 level).
- Candidates must apply online at applymscenglish.unipi.it.
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Fees depend on the student’s country of origin and vary from €356 to €2,556 for each academic year.
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.