With an innovative blend of leadership theory, contemporary healthcare policy and active application to practice, we equip clinicians, leaders, commissioners and managers to develop their knowledge and understanding of healthcare leadership. Uniquely, the Healthcare Leadership And Commissioning programme from Brighton and Sussex Medical School focuses on clinical expertise and clinical contexts indepth, alongside research and implementing change in practice.
This course is delivered by a multi-professional team based both within the university and in health and social care services, bringing clinicians, leaders and commissioners together from all parts of the health and care system.
We have been offering indepth academic study of healthcare leadership and commissioning at BSMS for over 10 years. Our graduates will apply their range of specialist skills to real healthcare challenges. They will conduct research and enquiry into challenges to the dominant 20th century models of healthcare and help to shape healthcare for the 21st century.
- Leadership and Change Management in Clinical Services
- Quality, Safety and Service Improvement in Clinical Services
- One module from the core list or optional list
- Principles and Practice of Public Health
- Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration View 455 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will normally have clinical, managerial or leadership experience and/ or be educated to degree level. Students are normally in practice in the health and social care field. Full-time students, or students not in healthcare practice, will be identified and supported through the tutorial process.
- Successful completion of at least three years’ basic medical science at a UK medical school (having gained at least 360 credits) with a guaranteed place to continue medical studies on completion of the MSc.
- For international students a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
International18975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.