The program in Water Resources (Professional Graduate), from the Graduate School of Water Resources in Sungkyunkwan University, being operated with the financial support of the Korean Government, aims to build a new model of education in the field of water resources and cultivate professionals with global competitiveness.
GWI(Global Water Intelligence) has forecasted that 5.6 % annual average growth of the world water market shall be continued from approximately 480 billion dollars in 2010 to 870 billion dollars in 2025. As the water industry emerges as the blue gold industry, innovative technologies in relation to the water have been developed. Integration of the traditional water management technologies such as ICT, BT, and NT are accelerating.
Not only the technologies but also the paradigms for water management are changing. Sustainable development and eco-friendly management of water resources are being stressed. We believe that postgraduate level education is essential to cultivate professionals who can integrate various water related disciplines to deal with the changing paradigms in water industry and water management under changing environment.
The Graduate School of Water Resources (GSWR) shall enter into the public enterprise such as K-water, various research institutes, and the governmental and non-governmental organizations, including the industrial world such as the water resources related engineering companies, construction companies and venture enterprises, etc., as global talents with communication skills and international sense, as well as the specialized knowledge in the relevant field.
- Flow Analysis for River Systems
- Analysis and Management of River Water Quality
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Scientific Computing: Theory and Practice
- Water Chemistry
- Smart Water Grid
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Those who have earned a Bachelor's degree or
- Those who are expected to earn a Bachelor's degree
- Nationality: Those who have foreign citizenship and who have parents that also do; foreign citizenship and have completed entire education courses (elementary, junior high, high school, and university) outside of Korea ; citizens of Korea and have completed entire education courses (elementary, junior high, high school, and university) outside of Korea ; new settlers from North Korea.
- Academic requirements: Applicants with high academic achievement from their previous universities; who have earned TOPIK level 3 or above; who are native English speakers; who have completed their secondary or higher education in English speaking countries; whose major is Korean Language in foreign universities; who have obtained a degree in Korean education courses
- Applicants must meet at least one condition from above.
International11534 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5767 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National11534 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5767 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Suwon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.