The Physics (Condensed Matter Physics) from University of Messina course runs for 2 years and in the end the students will debate a dissertation on advanced topics in condensed matter physics. The students have the occasion to study and work in close contact with leading-edge research group.
- deep and up-to-date understanding of condensed matter Physics in all its experimental and theoretical aspects;
- manage advanced experimental and modelling tools for the analyses of advanced materials and nanostructures;
- master the scientific method and techniques for the resolution of problems.
During the first year of the programme, students acquire a solid background in all areas of condensed matter physics, with special emphasis on the properties of micro-opto electronic devices and on the properties of structures and materials on the scale of nanometers. During the second year of the programme, students develop cross cutting skills in project writing, innovation, scientific communication and outreach.
At the end of the course, students have to write and defend orally an original research project, developed within a research group of the Department, also in collaboration with other public science agencies or private companies in Italy or abroad.
The Program of the CMPhys curriculum course gives students all skills needed to address a wide range of job opportunities in the following areas:
- High-technology environment. The knowledge and skills acquired during the course can prove to be extremely valuable to model and analyse the behaviour of electronic devices, acting in full independence in high-tech area. The graduate students are able to use state of-the-art scientific and engineering instrumentation and advanced computer systems.
- Research activity. The research experience gathered working on the dissertation project done in close contact with researchers pursuing their work, will enable graduate students to close collaborate with research groups in the field.
The Master Degree entitles graduates to apply for advanced Master Courses as well as PhD Programmes in Italian and foreign universities.
- Advanced quantum physics
- Data analysis
- Solid state physics
- Further language skills
- Statistical physics
- Quantum Optics and Technologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Messina and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- High School Diploma obtained after at least 12 years of study;
- Students should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent three-year degree in Physics; if you don’t have your Bachelor’s Degree yet, you can send an official provisional certificate issued by your University.
- Transcript of records (exams taken in the previous degree programme);
- Copy of a valid passport;
- B2 in the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages is required for Condensed Matter Physics curriculum. Students who have studied in an English-language based school or come from a country where English is the official language are not required to submit the above.
The tuition fees are calculated on the basis of the financial situation of the student.
Living costs for Messina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.