Our team of Berkeley faculty, industry experts, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, will make sure you learn the mindset and behaviors that drive success. Startup Semester at the University of California, Berkeley focuses on leadership, innovation, and execution to prepare you for your role as a founder, business, or technical leader in today's dynamic global economy. Join us for Startup Semester: It all starts here!
Who Should Apply?
SCET believes team diversity is a key driver of success. Startup Semester is a competitive full semester program designed for upper-division undergraduates from a wide range of academic disciplines seeking to:
Build a technology startup
Create social impact through technology
Innovate and lead from within a large company
Develop a robust network of mentors
Engage with the world’s leading startup ecosystem
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
A. Richard Newton Lecture Series
SCET Course Electives
Additional UC Berkeley Course Electives
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management Computer Sciences View 1094 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking academic program, and in good academic standing with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Berkeley and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at their home university.
- We give preference to third and fourth-year students who have a demonstrated track record of achievement. We accept students who are studying engineering, business, design, social sciences, sciences or the arts as long as they have a passion for technology entrepreneurship.
- English proficiency, strong academic credentials, and demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and innovation are required.
- UC Berkeley requires that students show proof of funding for the entire duration of their stay. Proof of funding documentation will be required as part of your application as a Concurrent Enrollee through UC Berkeley Extension.
- Demonstrated interest or experience with startup or innovation projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14875 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14875 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National14874 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14874 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Application Fee $100
- Visa Fee $160
- SEVIS Fee $350
- Health Insurance $880 (UC Berkeley requires proof of insurance)
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.